Roasted Vegetable Casserole
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- ground pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3lgarlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 small zucchini (1/2 pound), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small yellow squash
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil. Spread the potatoes in the dish in an even layer; drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange onion and garlic over the potatoes and drizzle with oil. Top with the tomatoes and the zucchini; drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes (fork tender).
- Increase the oven temperature to 425°. Uncover the casserole and bake for about 10-20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Serve as a side dish or main course and a small garden salad.