Cuban Mojo Pork Tenderloin Roast ~ Lechon Asado
Mojo – means sauce. Typically the Cuban mojo’s contain bitter orange (citrus), mint, cilantro, garlic, cumin, We used fresh orange juice, the orange zest and lime juice, combined to get something close to the flavor of the bitter orange.
The Cuban Mojo Pork Roast is often the centerpiece of many Cuban Celebrations and Feasts. We’re not Cuban; but we’re serving it today on New Year’s Day with friends and family. Of course, serve up some rice and beans! Click for black beans recipe.
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 orange – fresh squeezed orange juice
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 lime – fresh l squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 and 1/2 – 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (one piece – not sliced)